As of September 14th 2007 I can officially call myself a Professional Engineer. I submitted my paperwork at the beginning of the summer and just heard tonight that it was approved. It's been a long journey that started almost exactly 9 years ago (when I started engineering at U of T), and I'm glad that I've reached this milestone in my career. For those who don't know, in order to call yourself a professional engineer you must hold a license. In order to get that license in Ontario you must;
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- be of good character;
- meet Education Standards established by PEO;
- meet engineering Experience Requirements ; and
- pass the Professional Practice Exam (PPE) on engineering law and ethics.
Now I have to order my seal... and arrange to get my certificate.
Paul on 09.19.07 @ 08:20 PM EST [link]