02/28/2006: "Sudbury Triathlon Club"
A message from Jason Wicke:
Mike Hay, Steve Tremblay and I were discussing the need for a triathlon club in Sudbury. There seems to be a good group of us triathletes in the Sudbury area, but we have no clue of who we are and what we are doing.
Futhermore, there are several who are looking for some guidance as to setting up a training program, etc.
Here is what we have discussed so far:
1) the club will be open to anyone interested in triathlons that does not need adult supervision
2) we are not here to provide one on one coaching for the entire season
3) we will sit down with each of you to discuss and map out a training plan based on your goals, your time commitment, your ability, what races you would like to attend, peak for, etc.
4) we will set up weekly programs for groups (according to ability, race distance, etc.)
5) we will set up training clinics for technique development, race strategies, etc.
6) we will provide contacts so that we can all go down to races and enjoy each other's company (i.e. stay at the same hotel, campsite, etc.)
7) We are thinking of charging an outrageous amount of money for joining the club... somewhere around $50 (and max $100) for the entire year.
Obviously there is a lot more to discuss and solidify. Right now, we would like to know how many people would be interested in joining such a club.
If you are interested, please send me an email with the following information:
Name, age, and BRIEF description of your experience (triathlon or otherwise) and what distances you would like to race, any other questions you may have! If you do not plan on racing and would like to join, that is fine!!!
If you have not heard back from me in three days, I accidentally deleted your email as most will go into my junk mail.... Write me back!
Once we have an idea of how many there are, we will be setting up a meeting to further discuss matters!!!!